PTA COMMUNICATIONS GUIDELINES:
There are 3 ways the PTA communicates information to parents:
- The Scoop: The PTA’s weekly newsletter, The Scoop, is sent out every Sunday night during the school year. Since The Scoop is delivered to the parents directly via email it is the best way to communicate information regarding your program or event as it does not require the parents to search out the information. Only PTA, Central School, and District 39 program and event information can be posted in The Scoop.
- PTA Website: The PTA maintains a website that is updated on a weekly basis. PTA, Central School and District 39 program and event information can be listed under Monthly Highlights on the homepage. Additionally, some programs and events have their own dedicated page on the website. Requests for a “Call Out” on the home page can also be made, however, please note we do not run more than 2-3 call outs at one time and they are at the discretion of the Communications VP and PTA President. Non-PTA, Central School, and District 39 program and event information can be listed on the Community Announcement page.
- Email Notifications (a.k.a. Blasts): Email Blasts are reserved for time sensitive information and last-minute pleas. This communication channel is for PTA, Central School and District 39 information only. Blasts are sent at the discretion of the Communications VP and PTA President.
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
The Scoop: noon on the Wednesday prior to issue release.
PTA Website: On-going, but note the site is updated only once a week. Email Notifications: Minimum 24hrs notice unless it is an emergency.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- Submit all information via the Communication Request Form.
- For The Scoop and Email Notifications submit ONLY PTA, Central School, or District 39 program/event information.
- Provide an exact quote (limit 2-3 sentences) of what you want included in your listing. Please note we reserve the right to edit for space.
- Provide any links (e.g.: http://www.blahblahblah.com) or pdfs that you would like included with your listing. Note: DO NOT send .doc, .docx, .xls, etc files. All files must be saved as a pdf or they will not be linked.
TIPS FOR PROMOTING YOUR EVENT OR PROGRAM:
4 weeks prior to your event or start of your program:
- Place a “Save the Date” notice as well as a first call for Volunteers if needed in The Scoop. (Remember to submit any links or pdfs.)
- Forward program or event information to the website manager for inclusion in the Monthly Highlights section. (Remember to include any links or pdfs.)
- If your program has a dedicated webpage, review the page and forward any changes or revisions required. If your page is not live, you can request a copy of the page for review. Email email@example.com
3 weeks prior to your event or start of your program:
- Run a fresh notice in The Scoop this week and each subsequent week until your event or program starts. Remember to re-submit any links or pdfs.
- Review your web listing or page and request changes if needed.
2 weeks prior to your event or start of your program:
- If you would like to request a “Call Out” on the PTA website homepage, do so now. Note these are limited and may not be available.
- Check status of Volunteers (if applicable). If you are low on volunteers, update your website listing and listing in The Scoop to emphasize this need.