The Central School PTA funds enrichment programs with our iGNITE contributions and PTA Membership dues. The PTA Enrichment Coordinators work closely with the grade level teachers to develop a list of programs that directly enhance the curriculum and classroom experience for our kids.
iGNITE funded activities include:
Enriching field trips to museums, nature centers and cultural organizations:
- Botanic Gardens
- Wilmette Historical Museum
- The Grove
- Lake Forest Open Lands
- Emily Oaks Center
- Chicago Architectural Tour
In-school programs which take place in our individual grade level classrooms, Learning Commons, Auditorium, Library, in addition to our ever-evolving and newly redesigned Outdoor Garden.
- Mad Science – Magnets and Lights/Color/Action
- Mobile Planetarium
- Outdoor Garden programs with expert Garden Educator, Amanda Nugent. (iGNITE sessions include curriculum enhancement for our studies in Ecosystems, Land and Water, Harvesting, Insects, Prairie Plant Adaptations, Comparative Life Cycle, Soil Exploration and much more.)
- Creative Dramatics – Focus on learning Story Theater and creative thinking
- Award winning author visits
- Abraham Lincoln Presentation
- American Eagle Production -an educational theater production focusing on literature, history and geography
- Scientist in Residence programs – Sound, Matter and Light
- Illustrated Theater – Focus on a theater technique called Transformation Mime
Click on iGNITE Funded Programs 2016-17 for the detailed listing of iGNITE funded programs from last year.