Arts in the Evening occurs once or twice each school year. A performer or production is showcased for members of our community at Central School, usually in the auditorium or the gymnasium. All tickets are funded by iGNITE.
Welcome to Central School’s Art Awareness program! The Art Awareness committee works to bring exciting extra-curricular art activities to Central School each year. This program is sponsored by the PTA and led by both parents and Ms. Berngard.
The 2019 Art Awareness project will be held Nov. 11th – 15th and will focus on three-dimensional self-portraits of each amazing Central student. Please save these dates so you can volunteer to help the children create their personal masterpieces. More details, with exact times and dates for each grade and class, will be posted in the fall.
The Central Elementary School Garden is over 20 years old! The garden is a wonderful school-wide resource, utilized by our Outdoor Classroom teacher who provides hands-on, curriculum-based lessons for all grades. Many of our faculty incorporate the garden into their teaching throughout the year, and children can enjoy the peacefulness of the garden during recess and after school.
Support programs for your children through iGNITE.
Your donations to the Central PTA iGNITE fund are the primary sources of revenue to provide these opportunities to our children. The suggested donation amount is $125 per student, but ANY contribution is welcome and appreciated. All monies raised by Central School families are used only for Central School programs. All donations are tax deductible. Thank you!
To donate online, please log onto AtoZ Connect, go to the upper left hand menu and select “Store”, click “Products”, choose “Donations”.
The Central School PTA funds enrichment programs with our iGNITE contributions and PTA Membership dues. The PTA Enrichment Coordinators work closely with the grade level teachers to develop a list of programs that directly enhance the curriculum and classroom experience for our kids.
iGNITE funded activities include:
Enriching field trips to museums, nature centers and cultural organizations:
- Botanic Gardens
- Wilmette Historical Museum
- The Grove
- Lake Forest Open Lands
- Emily Oaks Center
- Chicago Architectural Tour
In-school programs which take place in our individual grade level classrooms, Learning Commons, Auditorium, Library, in addition to our ever-evolving and newly redesigned Outdoor Garden.
- Mad Science – Magnets and Lights/Color/Action
- Mobile Planetarium
- Outdoor Garden programs with expert Garden Educator, Amanda Nugent. (iGNITE sessions include curriculum enhancement for our studies in Ecosystems, Land and Water, Harvesting, Insects, Prairie Plant Adaptations, Comparative Life Cycle, Soil Exploration and much more.)
- Creative Dramatics – Focus on learning Story Theater and creative thinking
- Award winning author visits
- Abraham Lincoln Presentation
- American Eagle Production -an educational theater production focusing on literature, history and geography
- Scientist in Residence programs – Sound, Matter and Light
- Illustrated Theater – Focus on a theater technique called Transformation Mime